In the ever-evolving world of Instagram , people are constantly coming up with new and creative ways to boost followings and develop a solid social media presence within the global reach of your favorite app. The newest method to be introduced by the blogger community: loop giveaways. These giveaways, which sometimes involve a few bloggers either paying a fixed amount of money or providing products—weekly or monthly, depending on the type of giveaway—to put towards a prize advertised by the host in exchange for followers. Check out @livinginstyleoc account for a look at a current Nordstrom giveaway and how it works! We’ve learned from testimonials by bloggers who have been a part of the trend before that you can gain from a few hundred to a few thousand followers over the span of a few days! I know, I know…it sounds too good to be true; but there comes a small caveat. Like anything that is provided instantly, it has it’s pros and cons. So, we’re here to offer some perspective while you try to wrap your head around the influx of people who could potentially begin to follow your account.
Here are the top pros and cons for loop giveaways to help you decided whether you want to give it a try!
- People love free stuff—a loop giveaway is one surefire way to peak someone’s interest. I mean who wouldn’t want to take advantage of the opportunity to win a luxe (free) gift in exchange for a like or a follow?
- Exposure—this is a great way to promote yourself and your blog to people within your desired community. You can finally give all those hashtags a break! At least, for a day or two.
- Connections—usually loop giveaways are hosted by a brand or blogger with a handsomely large following. By participating, you can connection with someone who is already well established in the Instagram community and can solicit advice or a future partnership.
- Commitment-phobes—as fast as you gained them, you can lose them as well. It isn’t unusual for a majority of users that followed your account in order to have a chance at the prize, to unfollow you as soon as the contest is over. Some just aren’t in it for the long haul.
- Fake followers—no one likes spam accounts or ghost followers. Unfortunately, they’re hard to avoid when opening your account to such a large audience who, ultimately, are only there for the prize.
- Scams—with the popularity of Instagram giveaways, it shouldn’t be a surprise that there are plenty of scammers lurking around. Always, ALWAYS do your research and be sure of whom you’re getting into business with.
All in all, loop giveaways are a great way to increase your interaction with the blogging community. It’s important to keep in mind though, when getting involved with virtual strangers, to not jump the gun—be confident in yourself and the person or brand before you make a decision to partner together. There are some fabulous opportunities waiting if you’re willing to put yourself out there! Just remember to stay LUXE and be smart!
Featured image via Garance Dore